£26000 - £30000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
2nd Line Network Support Engineer
Hours: 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Our client is a leading business IT support and service company. From their help desk office (near to M20/M26), they support customers across Kent, London and the South East. They are renowned for their superlative customer service and helpful nature, key factors in the long-term relationships they build with their customers.
Engineers are client-focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customers’ accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering high-quality IT services to their growing customer base.
Free Lunch Provided : Resident Chef provides free daily lunch (charity contribution optional at £1.00 per day)
Holiday Entitlement : 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay : Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses : Travel expenses for site visits
About the Role
· The 2nd Line Network Support Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy and expanding IT services company. The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and will have the opportunity to go out on site and visit clients
· The existing team is efficient and friendly as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office
· The 2nd Line Network Support Engineer will need to thrive on multi-tasking as they complete tasks like installing servers, replacing workstations, dealing with application faults and resolving OS faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues
· You will be given responsibility for your own projects where you will be expected to manage every technical aspect whilst maintaining constant liaison with the client
· The 2nd Line Network Support Engineer will primarily use the products and services within the established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into new sales
· The role includes making suggestions to the client concerning future improvements in line with their individual business needs.
Key Skills & Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
· Server networking (DHCP, DNS, RRAS, TCP/IP)
· Firewalling (Common port numbers, routing, network fault diagnosis)
· Remote working (RRAS, VPN, RDP)
· User support (Account unlocks, account creation, password changes, NTFS permissions)
· Exchange / O365 (Mailbox creation, distribution groups)
· Printer support (Network printing, common troubleshooting)
· Workstation support (All common troubleshooting)
· Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy and numeracy)
· High standards of customer service and a personable nature
· Experienced problem solver
· Experience of SharePoint, Server Hosting (specifically VMware & Hyper-V) and Cisco IOS would be advantageous
· 1 to 2 years of previous experience on a helpdesk or as a site engineer
· Qualifications : Recognised Microsoft accreditations (MCSA, MCSE, MCPs) and experience of managing a Helpdesk would be advantageous
The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be required to work shift hours to suit the needs and requirements of the business:-.
7:45am - 4:15pm
8:45am - 5:15pm
9:45am - 6:15pm
On a roster basis there is an out of hours service between 6:00pm - 8:00am Monday to Friday and 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday. For being on call for the out of hours service the 2nd Line Network Support Engineer will receive additional payment. Details of the additional payment will be confirmed on offer of employment.
The 2nd Line Network Support Engineer needs to be available for work on a minimum of 8 Saturdays per annum. For overtime worked on a Saturday the 2nd Line Network Support Engineer may receive payment or time off in lieu at the Director’s discretion