£45000 - £65000/annum Plus benefits package
Permanent | Full Time
The role holder will assist in the continuous evolution of our Cyber Security Platform - to ensure it stays ahead of the relentless innovation of the client’s cyber adversaries. They will work alongside both our and our client’s own staff providing their analytical skills to evolve cyber security use cases and provide in-depth technical assistance for the components of the platform.
This role requires you to gain DV Security Clearance, so you must be a British national and not worked outside the UK in the last 10 years.
What you'll be doing
* To innovate and develop the Cyber Security Platform.
Represent the company at customer security workshops.
* Up skill team members in the domain of big data platforms and development.
* Carry out design, development, integration and testing of cyber security platforms and services.
* Maintain knowledge of the Hadoop and Elasticsearch ecosystems and related emerging technologies.
* Maintain knowledge of current trends in data handling techniques including life cycle and security maintenance.
* Maintain knowledge of security and cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms.
* Maintain knowledge and awareness of current threat trends and security technologies.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Experience of working in a complex technical development and integration environment.
* Experience with supporting production big data platforms such as Hadoop and Spark.
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent professional experience and/or with recognised qualifications.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain the highest standards of professionalism.
* Ability to explore and learn new technologies and effectively disseminate key features to a community.
* Extensive knowledge leveraging Hadoop skills to find innovative approaches to problems.
* Extensive knowledge of the Elastic stack, including Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
* Experience with prototype development using either: Scala, Java, Python or R for streaming and batch ETL workloads.
* Experience with using scripting to automate various processes.
* Experience of Linux system administration and Linux system troubleshooting.
* Experience of network structure and security.
* Experience of security and cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms.
* Experience of configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible)