£0 - £0 Per Annum
Permanent | Full Time
Job Description - Data Solutions Developer
Our client is currently expanding their Data Solutions capability within the Bournemouth office. They are seeking a developer who will be responsible for design and delivery of solutions to integrate data from line of business applications into data and information repositories.
As a dynamic and leading company within the industry, our client is looking to secure a highly skilled professional to deliver results and contribute towards team projects.
Job Responsibilities - Data Solutions Developer
* Play a key part in the logical and physical design, delivery and implementation of ETL solutions, deriving technical descriptions from established business requirements.
* You will provide detailed profiling of source system databases to inform business rule cleansing operations and take part in unit testing and troubleshooting.
* Create and prepare requirements documents, solution designs, data dictionaries and release notes. Whilst work cohesively with the project team and business to comprehend their requirements.
* Attend daily scrum meetings with your development team, weekly and monthly project team meetings as appropriate. Utilising your good communication skills and ability to build lasting relationships to achieve a constructive partnership with colleagues.
* Maintain links with third party providers and parallel company projects to ensure that development activity is not impacted and maintain an awareness of Service Desk issues in order to drive dedicated solutions.
* Keep abreast with new technologies and software versions, being able to present assessments of tools and new products to colleague developers.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience - Data Solutions Developer
* You have a degree (preferably 2:1 or above) in computer science, mathematics (or related subject) or equivalent experience in BI/MI Development.
* Proven knowledge of Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse theory (Kimball methodology strongly preferred).
* Solid experience of the Microsoft BI Stack: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (or greater) in Database engine, Integration Services (SSIS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
* Experience in using other database platforms, including Oracle, MySQL will be useful as would knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, Microsoft .NET technologies or other traditional coding is helpful.
* PowerBI, some knowledge of non-Microsoft visualisation tool such as Qlikview, Tableau useful as is a deep knowledge of design and integration principles; complex, heterogeneous databases, data modelling and Dimensional databases & Marts design.
* You are a guiding authority for Microsoft BI tool-stack, with validated experience for Data Warehousing projects.
* Requirements definition and data analysis, data modelling experience in data warehouse environment of financial services domain is critical.
* Database knowledge, including upkeep, optimisation and trouble-shooting.
* You're an excellent communicator with Strong relationship management. You are highly analytical and have top-notch problem solving skills.
* Calmly able to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understood by technical and non-technical colleagues. Your knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies (Agile methodology) would be highly beneficial.
* Comfortable when client-facing, quick thinking with an outstanding attention to detail. You love working under pressure, leading a team whilst learning and sharing knowledge with colleagues and take real pride in delivering information with integrity and sensitivity. A confident, assertive and hardworking individual who is willing to learn and develop into your team.
* You're a great teammate and leader that supports, develops and encourages evolution and adapts well professionally to moving priorities and work demands. Technically competent across multiple platforms. The ability to lead research and triage of complex problems, tactical and strategic solutions.
* You also have eligibility to work in the UK