£30000 - £40000/annum Excellent Salary and Benefits
Permanent | Full Time
Database Developer - Access and SQL
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Database Developer who has experience working with complicated Access databases and SQL backends. Demonstrable experience of MS Access, MS Excel, VBA, .NET and MS SQL Server is a must as the Database developer will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance, bug fixing and feature expansion of the current company Business Management Systems.
These systems are primarily Microsoft Access applications with Microsoft SQL Server backend databases.
* Enabling new initiatives (processes and workflows) for the business by helping to specify, and subsequently code, new features, or expanding on existing features within the company Business Management Systems and associated databases.
* Fixing bugs and errors found in the company Business Management Systems based on user reports. No first line support - confirmed bugs will be added to a bug tracking system, to be collected by the Database Developer.
* Developer will be responsible for keeping the bug tracking system up-to-date and documenting through to full resolution.
* Contributing towards improving the overall performance of the Business Management Systems and the associated user experience by being integral in defining the future system architecture and development roadmap.
* Supporting the introduction and on-boarding of new Business Management Systems, as part of our “Hub and Spoke” model, by developing necessary integrations and improving / modifying existing database schemas.
* Providing assistance from time to time with business data analytics and entry, by running reports and queries as required.
* Helping us draw up our roadmap for End Of Life of our current database and be a key advisor in the procurement and/or development of any future Business Management System.
Desirable: Certifications in .NET, SQL Server.
* Demonstrable experience of MS Access, MS Excel, Visual Basic for Applications, .NET and MS SQL Server.
* Experience working with complicated Access databases and SQL backends.
* Working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, Linux operating systems, SysAdmin, server management / networking.
* Access / VBA / MySQL / MS SQL.
* Good time management.
* High level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Capable of working as part of a team in a fast-moving environment, being able to cope with sudden and sometimes frequent changes to project specifications.
The ideal candidate will show a desire to help improve key business performance metrics through their work on the Business Management Systems. They will also show a high degree of empathy with end-users, as a key element of this role is to improve the User Experience (UX), and thus business performance.
* Auto enrolment into Perkbox
* Ability to buy and sell annual leave
* Auto enrolment into pension scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
Whilst we will make every effort to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within three weeks, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion