£0 - £0 Per Annum
Permanent | Full Time
The company is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
We have recently launched our Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predictive Analytics.
Summary of the Role:
This role is for a DevOps Engineer to lead the deployment of various products and solutions for the Operational Intelligence team and The company. These deployments can and will include on-premise deployments and a SaaS based model on a range of environments from Development, Test, to UAT and Production. The aim of the role is to work with the various teams of software developers, product owners and project managers to help build and shape DevOps related tasks to allow for a rapid repeatable deployment process across the portfolio of projects and products so that there is a consistent and coherent approach to DevOps organisation wide.
The role will be part evangelist, part release manager and part infrastructure and automation architect, as the company transitions from a waterfall methodology to agile and a new approach to releases.
* Agile Project Management
* Cloud Architecture knowledge (Microsoft Azure & AWS)
* Windows/Linux experience
* Container/Docker knowledge
* Continuous Integration experience
* Security focused approach to both deployment and data access
* Deployment Automation & Orchestration (1-click deployment type solutions and scripting experience)
* Infrastructure design and automation
* Source Control
* Java, C#, Scripting Languages (PowerShell, Python, or similar), GitLab, SQL
* Practical experience with Thingworx IoT platform or other IoT platforms and deployment architectures.
* Practical experience of maintaining a DevOps function on products that can be deployed on-premise or SaaS.
* Confident and capable, able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
* Ability to maintain focus on next delivery/drop.
* Work as part of a geographically dispersed team – communication and interaction.
* Investigating and solving compatibility problems.
* Enjoy investigating and devising solutions for automation of tasks and processes.
* Customer interactions – Face to face, over the phone, on a skype call. Collaboration with a customer to gathering requirement/build mock ups.
* Have good communication skills.
* Be flexible in working methods