£28000 - £30000/annum £28,000 plus up to 20% shift allo
Solihull, West Midlands (County)
Permanent | Full Time
Our client has extensive experience of delivering IT services to a wide range of customers across varied markets and locations. As well as being expert in complex infrastructure solutions, our client also has a business software division specialising in the Microsoft Dynamics suite of applications and a Business Advisory Consultancy.
The Company has its Head Office in Burgess Hill, Sussex and its Midlands Office in Solihull, Birmingham, with Service desk teams based across both sites the Company has just under 200 staff located around the country.
Purpose of Role
As an Escalation Infrastructure Support Analyst, you will be among the most experienced of the 24/7 Infrastructure Team and will play a key role in the delivery of high-quality technical support for the business and the customer, whilst delivering exceptional customer satisfaction and a personalised service. You will also be required to cover the ITSM role during any absence periods.
This position requires strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and technical skills across the whole range of the Company’s supported technologies. In addition, strong inter-personal skills are required to guide customers through situations, providing the highest levels of resolution, support and customer satisfaction.
Maximise the use of all in-house systems to be a key member of a highly customer focused and professional Service Desk function.
Work with your colleagues on the Client Services teams to effectively monitor customer systems and network performance, to process events and manage Incidents and Service Requests.
Receive escalations from the Infrastructure Leads within the Client Services teams and act as overflow for these teams
Communicate fully and effectively with customers throughout the incident lifecycle, ensuring that at all times the customer is fully aware of the status of their incident or service request.
Provide the highest level of service by meeting or exceeding contractual SLAs and KPIs and by proactively identifying process improvement opportunities within the department.
Work from or travel to customer sites to provide extended Service Desk services to the customer beyond that provided from our office locations as required.
Work with the Change Management team to write and implement change requests to ensure minimum impact to the customer when undertaking essential work and maintenance.
Ensure that all work carried out for customers is recorded using in-house systems accurately such that work is charged correctly, and no work is undertaken unbilled that should be billable or charged to the wrong contract / contract line.
Maintain a level of technological competence that remains current and fit-for-purpose in your role, highlighting any training needs to your line manager where appropriate.
Ensure where possible, or highlight where not, that the Company fulfils its contractual obligations to its contracted services customers.
Develop, over time, a knowledge of our customers’ businesses and organisation, including key users of technology and their needs
To adopt and endorse the company’s values (as above) and vision to be “game changing”, across all aspects of the role at all times.
To endorse and co-operate fully with the Business Improvement process, participating in or contributing to, designated change projects as required.
Such additional tasks or projects as may be required by the Board or management team, in support of the Company’s commercial objectives from time to time.
During the absence of the ITSM and during dayshifts on weekends and bank holidays you will be required to:
* Manage and prioritise the distribution of work and overall workload of a team of infrastructure analysts.
* Ensure that work across the team is correctly classified and being prioritised in line with customer SLA or KPI requirements appropriate to the work type.
* Act as an initial escalation point for any operational escalations or formal complaints.
* Play an active part during any major incidents that may affect service to customers
* Monitor case breaches throughout the shift to ensure SLAs are adhered to.
* To make sure core duties such as Inbox, Nimsoft, ONB & customer checks are monitored and actioned at the correct times.
* Manage and collaborate major incidents in the absence of a MIM.
* To make sure the SDAs are achieving target case closures during the shift
* Will be eligible to live and work in the UK
* Will have a full UK/EU driving licence
* Pass Pre-Employment Screening (PES) check within 30 days
* Will be able to work under pressure
Core Competencies for role
Energy, Drive & Initiative Commercial Awareness
Communication Skills Creativity
Customer Service skills Impact/Self Confidence
Interpersonal sensitivity (empathy/diplomacy) Judgement
Leadership/Management skills Strategic Planning/Planning skills
Technical skills Decision-making skills
* Extensive experience in troubleshooting relevant, common technologies such as:
* Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including Active Directory, Group Policy.
* Virtualisation (e.g. Vmware, MS Hyper-V)
* Enterprise Storage (Netapp, Dell EqualLogic)
* Microsoft Exchange.
* Cloud Technologies (Office 365, Azure)
* Networking (configuration of firewalls, routers and switches)