£30000 - £60000/annum + benefits
Permanent | Full Time
ICT Design Engineer London
My client is seeking a fully experienced ICT Design Engineer to be based in our London office. You will have the ability to run medium sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of ICT Infrastructure for a range of building types, including data centres, commercial office /fit out and leisure buildings. This role presents a unique opportunity to join an embryonic ICT consulting team.
Experience will include a proven track record in the delivery and coordination of ICT infrastructure project services. The role will include extensive travel throughout the UK with some international travel potential.
You should be fully committed to your career development within a consultancy, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and have experience working on innovative ICT infrastructure projects with leading client organisations. You will have robust technical knowledge relevant to ICT infrastructure design, and be capable of incorporating those technologies into a range of sectors. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy, with a technically minded, problem solving, and ‘hands on’ approach.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in ICT Infrastructure Design or equivalent, hold a relevant qualification as a Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCCD) certificate, with a minimum of 5 years industry experience. Training support to achieve RCCD would be given for the right candidate.
* Responsible for the production of ICT infrastructure design specification packages in particular; drawings, technical specifications, preparation of procurement packs.
* Coordinate the ICT design at technical meetings with technical counterparts in other engineering disciplines
* Ensure specifications, drawings and calculations meet industry, legal and quality standards
* Facilitate peer and QA review of CAD drawings (typically cabling systems, containment, cabinet elevation, comms room layout)
* Conduct data acquisition and needs analysis
* Degree in appropriate ICT infrastructure design engineering discipline, or equivalent engineering/technology qualification.
* A-Level secondary education, HNC/HND, plus appropriate experience or equivalent.
* Desirable qualification is Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCCD) Certification (knowledge in the design, implementation, integration and project management of telecommunications and data communications technology and related infrastructure.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office applications Word, Excel, Microsoft Project etc
* Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
* Good understanding of BS standards/UK regulations/codes and relevant IT systems certification standards
* Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
* Technical information presentation skills
* Previous project experience in ICT infrastructure design work in the built environment for example; data centres,
* commercial buildings, hotels, university campus, office ICT fit-out and relocation projects
* Demonstrable CPD record in engineering/technology subjects
* Experience in CAD document handling and drawing production, e.g. cabling infrastructure overlay onto ACAD,
* Bluebeam documents (handling Revit files etc.)
Related technical awareness:
* VoIP Solutions
* IP Network convergence
* Security Systems
* BMS systems
* Other relevant experience:
* Electrical engineering, power distribution and cooling systems
* Experience working with architects, project managers, quantity surveyors
* Understanding and experience in RIBA design methodology
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.