£38000 - £40000/annum plus full company benefits
Permanent | Full Time
Are you a technically capable ICT Systems Engineer that enjoys the challenge of supporting and maintaining, a mainly Windows server environment in a highly secure environment? Do you revel in situations that require an engineer to wear many ‘hats’ in ensuring a fully functional infrastructure, and can be relied upon to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
We are looking for such Systems Engineers that bring a methodical approach to problem solving and are able to act quickly in assessing a situation. We want you to relish in the provision of a first class service to our customers and be able to communicate at all levels to ensure understanding. Either working alone or part of the team, we want to come up with solutions that ensure business continuity or can add substance to new or on-going projects.
* Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
* Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
* Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
* Plan and lead project deployments to systems, utilising virtualisation and enterprise business continuity systems.
* Compliance with version control procedures in order to deploy system changes. Produce and update documentation that can vary from high-level tick lists to deep technical build and install instructions.
* Attend and contribute to meetings that approve system changes to operational and development platforms.
* Troubleshoot and resolve reported helpdesk issues.
* In depth knowledge and experience of deploying, upgrading and updating systems and infrastructure.
* In depth knowledge of virtualisation on Windows platforms (especially VMWare(ESXi)).
Deep architectural knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, including Active Directory, DFS, Internet Protocol, software deployment via Group Policy, WSUS SAN, Fibre Channel + iSCSI.
* Understanding of integration challenges and solutions between Windows and non-Windows platforms (primarily Solaris).
* Understanding of system configuration management toolsets.
* Understanding of Enterprise Storage solutions. In particular HPE 3PAR, understanding of the HPE Hardware platforms.
* Understanding of MoD Procurement process for Hardware, Licensing and Software.
* Willing to work as part of an integrated multi-technology team.
* Appreciation, acceptance and adherence to the constraints of working on highly classified defence platforms.
* Successful applicants will be required to obtain Developed Vetting security clearance as part of this role.
* The role is based in Wiltshire, but may involve occasional travel both within and outside of UK
MASS are an equal opportunities employer and we are offering:
* The chance to work within a team that takes great pride in delivering the very best ICT Support in a role that really does ‘make a difference’.
* 25 days holiday, with an option to buy an additional 5 days.
* Flexible working. No shift work.
* Subsidised gym membership.
* Employee lifestyle discount benefit portal.
* Save as you Earn share option.
* Private medical insurance.
* Salaries sacrifice pension option.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Death in service policy
MASS offers expertise in electronic warfare operational support, cyber security, secure ICT network, digital forensics and support to military operations. We provide intrinsic expertise in system engineering and project management enabling us to deliver high technology solutions, training and trusted managed services, underpinned by a research and development capability