£0 - £0 Per Annum
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Permanent | Full Time
Our client has an exciting new role for an experienced senior level Infrastructure Architect professional within a market leading company (5TH largest in the world within their sector). As the Infrastructure Architect you will act as the companies SME within the UK.
As you will be the main Infrastructure Architect you will need to have the ability / confidence to define the infrastructure strategy and take the lead role on infrastructure-based projects. This role will remain hands on, so a strong technical understanding is required for this role. Your technical knowledge will be in several areas such as Cloud (Azure/Office 365), Windows server 2008 R2 – 2019, Exchange Servers, Load balancers, VMware, Citrix, Cisco ASA firewalls. Whilst our client is not seeking an expert in all these technologies, they will want you to have an understanding of them.
Some of the main duties of Infrastructure Architect role
* Build and maintain relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs
* You will lead the development of the network aspects of the Infrastructure strategy and roadmap and ensure its integration within IT and strategic plans.
* Experience of technology design and implementation policies and practices.
* Experience of delivering very large scale and very complex IT infrastructure solutions based in a secure UK government environment.
* Experienced in designing and creating technical documents with the ability to produce a High-Level Design.
* Proven knowledge and skills in Infrastructure System Architecting and relevant experience within secure information domains to include physical infrastructure and virtual infrastructure.
* Technical leadership, able to self-manage and direct and mentor from time to time.
* Proven track record of defining and developing solutions to strict delivery timescales and budgets.
Key Skills & Experience for Infrastructure Architect role
* Experience of Infrastructure architecture within Microsoft based stack including office 365, Active Directory, Windows server 2008 R2 – 2019, Exchange Servers IIS and SQL Server.
* Experience of Infrastructure architecture in VMware / Citrix
* Experience of cloud-based infrastructure (both IaaS and PaaS) with focus on Azure / 0365
* Experience of Infrastructure architecture with networking – Cisco routers switches & ASA Firewalls.
* Deep understanding of Load balancers
Nice to haves for the Infrastructure Architect role
* TOGAF certification (preferred)
* Any Microsoft Cloud certifications (preferred)
* Network certification - CCNA, CCNP (preferred)