£19000 - £23000/annum 4% comms, pension, 25 days
Permanent | Full Time
At this point in the company’s growth the role is predominantly new business whereby you will be responsible, working with the external Business Development Manager, to develop your sales region. This will involve a lot of targeted cold calling, working on your own initiative and driving up call volumes and the number of new business meetings.
You will form a small team in the office that is focussed on outbound calling so you should feel comfortable talking to customers in an environment where you are likely to be the most audible in the building, so having a confident manner and not being phased in that kind of atmosphere is critical.
You will need to manage the new accounts brought on, provide quotes and supply them with great customer service, as well as being able to recommend products and services to meet their needs.
Essential job Functions:
* Creating, and following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings for the Business Development Managers (IAM’s are targeted on achieving a minimum number of new customer meetings per year)
* Planning and preparing calls and call lists and consistently making cold calls to new potential customers (Internal AM’s are targeted on making a certain number of outbound calls per month)
* Establishing and maintaining working relationships with clients
* Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
* Administering accounts through the CRM system
* Providing management with market feedback.
* Identifying opportunities
* Providing customer quotations and proposals, negotiating and closing the deals
* Working with other departments to ensure a smooth handover of projects to the delivery/finance teams
- A results driven individual who can work under pressure to tight timelines
- Someone who responds well to being target driven
- An ability to accept rejection and not be phased by it
- A positive attitude
- An outgoing personality
- Sales experience desirable, preferably in an IT environment