£0 - £0 Per Annum
Permanent | Full Time
Amazon continues to grow and is hiring for IT opportunities across the UK.
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
This is your chance to make history.
Role: IT Engineer
The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both on-site and on-call capacity for our Operations network.
As an IT Engineer in this role, you will be part of an IT Shared Services function that will be responsible for site launches, programme implementations and innovation. You will report to an IT Manager and will be responsible for working closely with the business and fellow engineers to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements. The role will also include some elements of day to day support to meet our operations present and future business needs.You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Business Area: Operations – Fulfilment centres and Small Sites
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Operations teams in our Fulfilment Centres and Small Sites are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound, outbound and last mile, and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
You will be responsible for managing a variety of programmes across diverse business sectors enabling projects to be completed against a clear set of defined deliverables and milestones.You will need to work closely with the business and your fellow engineers to innovate and to support changing business and IT requirements.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Act as a single point of contact for projects implementations and initiaves
· Act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards
· To provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives
· Producing documentation on completion of projects and leading the tranisition of the newly implemented service or system into the local site teams and operation customers. Act as a technical POC for all new services implemented
· Be the standard bearers for the quality of work being implemented against departmental guidance
· Assists in evaluation of new technology and develops processes or procedures for technical support
· Required to write and develop business proposals and whitepapers, presenting them to the finance committees and overseeing their execution
· To keep key stakeholders informed of progress of projects and maintain project documentation
· To lead the technical execution of projects
· Carry out ad-hoc requests as and when required, supporting a wide customer base
· Continuously be focused on your customers, delivering an outstanding level of service
· Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand
· Represent the IT department in site meetings / conference calls
· Produce weekly reports covering metrics and work performed.
· Contribute to sites on call schedule
· Provide mentoring and training to technicians and other engineers and act as technical contact for remote support teams as and when required
· The review, revision and execution of change management requests as required
· Manage the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly
· Perform random site audits on technical infrastructure to ensure adherence to latest Amazon IT and Health and Safety guidelines
Please note: The position will involve some physical labour. IT Support Engineers execute physical work e.g. working in confined spaces (possibly under the 48 inch crawl space or inside air handlers); lifting up to 40 kg; site cleanliness and maintenance work; accessing elevated spaces (working at height). Travel will also be required for the role, and the candidate must have a valid drivers license.
Required qualifications and skills:
· MS Windows System Support experience
· Extensive experience in Networking – LAN / WAN and Wireless
· Holds a detailed understanding of core networking technologies – Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, OSI Model
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous
· Experience working in a customer-facing technical role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations
· Project management abilities and technical task execution experience
· Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability
· Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism
· Ability to develop clear and concise documentation
· Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology
Preferred qualifications and skills:
· Vendor certification of any the following would be beneficial: Linux/Unix, MS Windows, Cisco, AWS
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies
· IT / ICT further education qualification
· Previous experience in a dynamic environment with a high degree of customer service focus
· Help Desk / Technical support management experience
· Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems
· Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes
· Proven ability to learn and apply new technology
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies