£0 - £0 Per Annum
Permanent | Full Time
IT Support Lead
Looking for a proven and experienced Support Lead with solid and proven experience in Windows Server, VMWare, Exchange, Active Directory, LAN and MS Office etc. to support the existing infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and applications as well as project based work to improve and enhance the infrastructure environment.
The IT Support Lead will have a solid background working within a busy IT team together with experience in designing and implementing technical solutions, supporting servers, desktops and operating systems.
The IT Support Lead must have strong experience of technical troubleshooting and problem solving. Depending on projects and tasks, the individual may be required to be available for queries during out of office hours. In addition as part of this role the individual will be expected to deal with any system issues as and when they occur.
* Administering the corporate infrastructure
* Delivering third line support and infrastructure projects
* Management and reporting on the IT Helpdesk system
* Delivering improved IT infrastructure systems
* Demonstrating the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
* Planning and recommending enhancements to ensure that IT capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost effective manner
* Managing IT projects to meet pre-defined objectives
* Day to day management of the 1st and 2nd line support staff
* The IT department is made up of a team of four which includes 1st line support, 2nd line support, IT Manager and Senior IT Manager.
* The IT department based in Watford is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to 3 offices across the South East and London. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the IT Manager and Senior IT Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Handle escalated calls from the first / second line support staff
* Manage and report on the IT Helpdesk status to the Senior IT Manager
* Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, internet access and Exchange 2010
* Administer the software application and desktop operating system deployment environment using Microsoft Windows Deployment Services.
* Administer the Mitel VOIP telephone system
* Monitor and troubleshoot server and network performance to ensure any necessary action is taken
* Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes.
* Keep operational documentation up-to-date
* Plan and implement infrastructure system projects in partnership with the IT Manager and Senior IT Manager.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
Excellent knowledge of VMware vSphere
Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010+
Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Deployment Services including software / operating system deployment
Good knowledge / experience of troubleshooting network protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
Good knowledge of backup systems (Backup Exec and Asigra)
Experience in installing, configuring and managing Hewlett Packard switches and routers
Knowledge of Citrix XenApp server
Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2016+
Knowledge of Windows Script Host / VBScript / PowerShell
Experience of patch management deployment / Windows Software Update Services
Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 / 2016 and Office 365
Understanding of VOIP
Ability to perform research and development into new systems in preparation for implementation / third line support
A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development
A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals
To continually strive to improve overall firm effectiveness
Excellent problem solving skills
Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people
Strong time management and self-motivation skills
A lateral thinker
Keeping up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices
BENEFITS AND EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
Full time role – Monday to Friday
Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
The package will include:
Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
Death in Service scheme cover (4x salary).
Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
Annual Leave will be 23 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year