£28000 - £35000/annum
Theale, West Berkshire
Permanent | Full Time
Our client an established software and hardware company in the “Endpoint Management” arena who provide innovative, market-leading solutions is looking for a Level 2 Support Technician to join the team in Theale.
The position requires daily customer, business partner and internal team interaction. Keeping track of customer cases in the helpdesk program and utilising this system to delegate, engage your peers and maintain a high-level of customer satisfaction in managing support issues is a routine activity.
• Be part of a team of engineers providing excellent support to our client’s customers and partners
• Use of remote tools to assist customers in troubleshooting problems
• Provide technical best practices for partners and customers
• Work through technical issues at an operating system level
• Build and maintain customer and partner rapport
• Manage technical issues, solutions and sales opportunity progress by creating cases within the company helpdesk system
• Manage case escalation to maintain forward movement on customer issues
• Ensure clear, professional communication between the teams and the customer
• Create and maintain self-help documents
• Continue education by attending training sessions and reading technical documentation
• Prior Technical Support Engineer experience essential
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
• Experience in Terminal Services / Citrix / VMWare View environments
• Knowledge of networking concepts, Including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.
• Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills are imperative to be successful in this role
• Thin client experience a plus
• A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all levels
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with engineers, sales teams and management
• Positive work ethic
• Ability to listen effectively and show patience while working with customers
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Ability to take effective notes
• Ability to multitask effectively and work under pressure
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion