£35000 - £38000/annum £35K to £38K + 10% Bonus + Benef
EC1A, Clerkenwell, Greater London
Permanent | Full Time
Operations Engineer, Project Support – Digital In-Building Connectivity – Smart Building
£35,000 to £38,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
One of the world’s most innovative companies that operates a rating scheme for Real Estate, Commercial Property to assess their Digital In-Building Connectivity (Internet, 4G, 5G, Satellite, Radio) is seeking to further strengthen its Operations Team with the addition of Project Support. Operations Engineers. We are looking for engineers, preferably from Telecoms/ Networking sectors with strong communication skills and any experience with M&E or In-Building Infrastructure is ideal.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility will be to drive the completion of Building audits and In-Building Certifications across the UK and Ireland. This will include:
• Manage the auditing of digital infrastructure and connectivity of buildings for certification.
• Create and develop clear reports detailing a building’s digital infrastructure and connectivity.
• Work with and train third-party engineers to audit buildings and produce reports.
• Engage with clients’ engineers, architects and advisors to undertake Development & Redevelopment Certification.
• Advise clients (landlords and property agents) about cutting-edge thinking on telecommunications and opportunities for improvement for Certification.
• Drive partnerships with telecommunications companies across the UK and Ireland, with the ultimate goal of strengthening both the Certification programme and future business lines. This will involve forming relationships with fibre providers and ISP’s
• Support Business Development work from a technical perspective.
• Help shape the future of the Company by being an active participant in strategy thinking about innovative future business lines.
Essential Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with the perfect balance of industry & technical knowledge, communications skills and analytical skills. The best candidates will exhibit some/all of the following:
• At least 2 years of experience in telecommunications/Networks engineering, where you will have developed some project management, project support skills to be able to balance multiple activities and clients at the same time
• Relevant telecommunications and network engineering know-how:
• Familiarity with outside plant and in-building network design
• Ability to interpret building floor plans and telecoms/networks diagrams
• Wireless and electrical knowledge are a plus
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both in written and verbal settings
• A strong aptitude for identifying/defining and solving problems
• Desire to work in high-growth, start-up-like culture
• Astute attention to detail and being able to spot and highlight inconsistencies across different audits is an absolute must