£30000 - £50000/annum Including Shift Allowance +Benefit
UB3, Harlington, Greater London
Permanent | Full Time
Oracle DBA - Shift Base position including nights
Shift Duty Manager
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. The role of the Oracle DBA is ensure that the T5 BHS IT systems run effectively & efficiently. This role will be part of a service team delivering the IT service 24/7/365 at Heathrow T5 on a shift based pattern.
In your position of Oracle DBA you will be responsible for the following:
· Management of T5/T3 Baggage Handling databases
· Maintaining High Level Controls (IT) environment
· Resolving Oracle database & Linux infrastructure faults & minimising operational disruption.
· Resolving application problems in a mixed Oracle, and Linux server environment.
· Set up & maintain back-up & recovery procedures
· Manage Oracle and Unix infrastructures
· Installation of infrastructure and application software releases and patches.
· Performance analysis
· Incident reports
Build Reputation with Customers
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
Drive to Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Every day better
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety first culture
· A strong background in Production Application Support DBA Role based on Oracle and Linux SLES technologies.
· Strong DBA skills must be at Developer DBA level
Unix Shell scripting, Powershell scripting (desirable) PL SQL, SQL and APEX skills
· Oracle RDBMS 11g & 12c, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Data Guard setup and administration. RMAN Backup up and recovery skills.
· Database Performance Tuning skills
· Linux Administration skills and experience of HAE Clustering .
· SAN and basic Networking skills (desirable)
· Enterprising and adaptable
· Ability to work under pressure on mission critical systems.
· Strong customer focus.
· Team player, adaptable and willing to broaden skills outside core skill set.
· Able & willing to work shifts.
· ITIL familiarity or certification is highly desirable