£40000 - £70000/annum + Bonus
WC1X, Mount Pleasant, Greater London
Permanent | Full Time
Our client is involved in sports betting analysis. Their clients rely on us to maximize their returns and this requires us to be clever, fast and well organized.
They are of small team of around 25 and currently have more data scientists than software developers. But we are growing our development team to consolidate the "plumbing" code for multiple live projects. So, this is rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and take a lead role in the design and delivery of a robust platform for our data analysis and operational needs.
This is an ideal role for someone who feels limited or unchallenged in their current work and would like to deal in person with clients (who sit next to them!) and then write, test and deliver code in a feedback loop of just hours and days. You need three professional qualities:
1. Initiative: an active, rather than passive, attitude to any problem.
2. Versatility: with technology and when dealing with people.
3. Skill: demonstrable skill and experience as a developer.
In fact, there are endless opportunities here to suit talented individuals who want management to get out of their way while they make stuff happen - creatively and reliably. We know such people are valuable and we can keep them busy, interested and rewarded.
* Work closely with our data scientists to understand (and challenge) their requirements.
* Design, build, test and deliver IO, data processing and automation software.
* Develop using the most suitable stack with a bias to Python, Java/Kotlin and PostgreSQL.
* 3+ years commercial experience, 2+ in Python.
* Demonstrable SQL and RDBMS design skills.
* Some VCS, preferably git.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills.
* Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or similar.
Nice to have
* Python 3.5+, pandas, numpy, trio, requests, beautiful soup, asyncio etc.
* Statistical modelling and data analytics exposure.
* Experience setting up ETL processes.
* CI/CD, DevOps or Linux experience.
* Experience in the financial, betting or gaming industries.
* Salary £45k - £60k negotiable.
* Annual discretionary performance bonus.
* 25 days holiday per annum, plus UK bank holidays.
* Private health insurance and pension plan.
* Complimentary gym membership upon passing probation