£75000 - £80000/annum
W2, Sheldon Square, Greater London
Permanent | Full Time
My client is seeking an Senior DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for owning the platform as the business dramatically scales up their operations.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be part of a tech team of over 65 engineers and you will be the second hire in this position. Looking for an candidate who has had previous SRE or DevOps experience as this is a senior role, you will be expected to own and be accountable for, the reliability, security and deployment of the system.
Senior DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
* Manage, maintain & support our AWS and Heroku environments.
* Build appropriate tooling for development teams & clients.
* Reduce manual work (toil) for the technology team -- yourself included! - by implementing appropriate solutions or processes as required.
* Design & implement improved data security strategies for our platform.
* Own & implement appropriate monitoring & alerting as we move to a 24/7/365 platform.
* Assist the development team in using these metrics to ensure the reliability of our platform remains excellent across all deployments.
Senior DevOps Engineer Requirements:
* Proven track record of supporting web platforms (e.g. websites or API’s) in production at scale.
* Experience defining appropriate metrics to monitor web platforms, and alerting on breaches of those metrics.
* Ability to monitor and identify network policy violations and system breaches.
* Experience with incident response in an on-call environment.
* Experience with continuous delivery and zero-downtime deployments.
* Experience with AWS, MySQL, and Redis.
* Comfortable with command-line tools and environments. Linux experience is essential.
* Proficient with at least one server-side programming language such as Ruby or Python.
* Experience with configuration management tools like Terraform or Ansible, and understand their common use cases