£60000 - £85000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
SENIOR / LEAD DEVELOPER - PYTHON / C++
We are looking for an experienced Python Developer with a strong mathematical background to join our team as a Technical Lead to help improve and build out our systems so they are scalable, reliable and robust to support our growing business powering royalty information on music across all platforms worldwide.
KEY WORDS: Python, Linux Admin, C++, Mathematics, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack, Jenkins, Postgres, C++,
My client have created a platform that operates to collect royalty data for radio, television and all internet platforms.
Some of their clients include Broadcasters worldwide such as: BBC, Sky, Virgin, Discovery as well as the largest internet and media platforms worldwide such as YouTube and Soundcloud.
They work with differerent technologies, from full-stack web technologies, relational databases, pattern recognition server farms, AI and machine learning, large distributed databases and storage devices holding media assets. We are deeply technical.
● Building a motivated and engergetic team
● Mentoring junior and mid-level developers
● Maintaining quality of code throughout team
● Working with the Architecture team
● Building a culture of positivity and resilience to get stuff done well and on time
CODE & PRACTICES
● Good, clean code
● Day-to-day running of the recognition database building / audio-recognition systems, and maintenance of the code
● Development and operation of the Audio Recognition Architecture
● Operations of Docker, Jenkins
● Development and operation of the storage clusters
● Management and improvement of ELK stack
● Development of monitoring / management consoles and reporting for all the above
● Scripting: Strong Python , C / C++ desirable
● General deeply technically knowledgeable
● Capable of engaging comfortably in stack below