£0 - £0 Per Annum
Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
Permanent | Full Time
SCC - Specialist Computer Centres supports the IT infrastructures of many of the largest commercial and public sector organisations in the UK .
Our Sentinel operation provides 24/7 helpdesk services to government organisations and ,due to further growth and expansion we now have an exciting career opportunity for a talented service desk analyst to join us at our opersations centre in Birmingham.
The role will require the successful candidate to have SC clearance or the ability to gain SC clearance .
is The role is shift based working 4 days - 7.00am to 7.00pm followed by 4 days off and then 4 nights - 7.00pm to 7.00am followed by 4 days off then 4 days etc .
The role :
Act as the single point of contact between the customer and SCC, for security cleared accounts. To handle all IT related enquires inclusive of event management for alerts. Provide remote technical support and act as the shift leader for hierarchical escalations before engaging on call rota’s.
Main Duties of Job:
• To provide remote technical support to the customer’s user base to achieve contractual Service Level Agreements.
• Provide technical support to 1st Line Service Desk Analyst’s.
• Review incidents for passing to other resolving teams.
• The ability to communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• Document all technical solutions within the knowledge base.
• To record all tickets within the SCC Service Desk tool.
• Contribute to delivering a 70% Remote Resolution target.
• Convert 75% of contacts (phone calls and mails) to tickets.
• Make outbound phone calls to customers keeping them informed on a regular basis.
• Review and update ‘Known Errors Database’.
• Effective triage and assignment to appropriate resolver groups.
• End to end ownership of all Incident/Change/Service Requests through to closure.
• Ability to provide a positive Service Desk experience.
• Build internal/external relationships through effective methods of communication.
• Identify and work towards Service Improvements.
• Assess, prioritise and manage workload ensuring contractual obligations are achieved.
• To ensure safe working practices and environment for Fire, Security and Health & Safety Regulations
• Respond to server, network and web site alerts.
• Escalate potential service issues initially to designated escalation contact.
• Understand/comply with the particular bespoke requirements of Remote Management / Managed availability contracts.
• Provide cover for other Analysts in their absence, either within the same team or across teams.
• Monitoring of Secure Multi-Tenanted Cloud Platform and Client Service (IBM Tivoli)
• Provide Service Desk function for Secure Multi-Tenanted Cloud clients
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Security Cleared to SC or ability to gain SC clearance.
• Eexperience of working within a Service Centre environment.
• Technically ability:
• Ability to support Windows Operating System
• Knowledge of Citrix and VMware
• Active Directory and Exchange awareness
• Desktop support
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments
• High level of attention to detail.
• Initiative and flexibility in adapting to changing work environments.
• Strong client focus and demonstrated commitment to outstanding service delivery.
• Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work either autonomously, co-operatively or with direction.
• Commitment to continuous improvement in work processes; ability to suggest improvements and new methods where appropriate.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• A positive and proactive “can do” attitude.
• Ability to exercise judgment.
• Creative problem solving skills.
• Highly developed time management and organisational skills.
• Commitment to quality and takes pride in work.
• ITIL aware.
Then click the resonse button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.