£530 - £580/day 6 Month contract
Contract | Full Time
Founded in 1983, MASS is a very successful and growing independent UK Systems House with a focus on high technology services and solutions in Electronic Warfare (EW), Cyber Security, and Secure Information Systems. The hallmarks of the company’s approach are innovation; partnering and trust.
An experienced Software Developer is required to join the team servicing one of our defence clients embedded within their facilities to contribute to the design and development of software products and projects.
We are interested in experienced candidates who have served 5 or more years in industry gaining experience of agile development processes. You will be a self-starting and proactive individual who takes pride in quality, values team work and collaboration and is not afraid to suggest improvement ideas. Adaptability is also a key requirement for this position. As is a willingness to coach and mentor more junior members of the team as required.
The developer will work in a high tempo environment within a team which is building bespoke applications. These applications will contribute to a ground-breaking new approach to intelligence analysis, production, and collaboration, with significant improvements in the customer’s business process. Applications will be implemented across a wide variety of systems and domains, and the project has an ambitious vision underpinning it. So far several stand-alone applications have been built, and the next phase of development will see a progression both in terms of new applications to increase functionality, but also to increase the interaction between the applications to produce a cohesive service. In addition the aspiration is to continue development of existing applications with rolling improvements, and to start exploring a cross domain solution with multiple instances of the core functionality.
To be considered for this role the applicant must demonstrate:
* Recent experience of development and designs on a range of software technologies, including: C#, .NET and ideally the use of SQL and MVC.
* experience of working on the following software development tasks:
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for application improvements
- Working closely with users, analysts and solution designers
- Producing specifications and writing the program codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the applications once they are up and running
A first degree in a technical subject such as Computer Science or Software Engineering would be advantageous but is not essential.
C#, .Net, MVC, Bootstrap, Configuration knowledge and experience with Desktop platforms, Group Policy, WSUS, IIS, SQL, VMM, WDS, DHCP, Linux OS
* Defence or Intelligence Systems experience
* Knowledge of Geospatial Systems and Services
This role is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday based in West Cambridgeshire with occasional travel to other sites as required. We are open to contract or permanent.
The successful candidate will be required to achieve UK security clearance or, will already hold current UK security clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer