£0 - £0 Per Annum
Permanent | Full Time
The employer is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
We have recently launched Opus, our Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predictive Analytics.
Summary of the Role:
The employer creates some of the world’s most cutting-edge software products, and we are keen to expand our team. We are currently in search of an experienced Software Developer to create and maintain software. The successful candidate will help to develop critical products for the employer and their clients. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits.
* Play a part in Scrum activities
* Develop and implement new software/code in line with the stories on the backlog
* Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
* Regularly communicate with other scrum team members and management
* Design and update software databases
* Test and maintain software products
* Work with other software developers as part of pair programming and code review exercises
* Help The employer drive for continuous improvements by actively being involved in and proposing initiatives to improve work/processes
* Work with and mentor members of the team in a geographically dispersed team
* Degree in Computing or Science related subject
* 3+ years of experienced in web and software development including OOP concepts, services, properties and event actions
* Demonstrated knowledge of Java, C and Lua programming languages
* Flexible and willing to accept changes in priority
* Demonstrate an understanding of project and product based work from both the clients and business’ perspective
* Strong desire for learning and attention to details
* Ability to maintain focus on next delivery/drop
* Use of source control and branching –Git repositories
* UK Driving License
* Cloud experience (AWS/Azure)
* Thingworx IoT / Node Red knowledge
* Smart Building / Smart City / Industry 4.0 knowledge
* Augmented Reality knowledge
* Working knowledge of databases (Postgres, MSSQL, InfluxDB and NoSQL).