£40000 - £80000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
Software Engineer [Data Team]
Cambridge, United Kingdom · Software Engineering
Our Client is a European leader developing software for self-driving vehicles.
They are taking on one of the greatest engineering challenges and research topics of our time.
They are bringing together the best minds in AI, engineering and mobility to deliver a fully autonomous shared transport service for Europe's cities. The benefits will be vast and wide-ranging.
They are a well-funded energetic group of creative problem-solvers and practical doers from a range of backgrounds in areas such as motorsport, robotics, machine learning, computer vision, control engineering, software assurance, simulation and verification. Every one of them has the opportunity to outsize influence on the future of technology.
They are looking for enthusiastic, driven people who care about the craft of building high-quality software, and have experience that will accelerate our growth and support them flourishing in this ambitious and challenging landscape.
What will you do
* You enjoy programming and are enthused by the chance to create new software systems and capabilities.
* A mathematical bias would be helpful but not essential and an ability to think in three dimensions will be put to good use here.
* Experience with ES6 / React, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, or AWS will be useful but isn't essential. A willingness and ability to learn these, and very likely many more technologies, is however required.
* You make good use of autonomy; taking the initiative and working with others to achieve results.
* Join the European leader bringing autonomous vehicles to market and help us teach the car how to drive
* Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously built and run successful tech companies through to exit
* Have an immediate impact on a smart, growing, low-ego multi-cultural team
* Grow with us as we scale up whilst delivering meaningful work that really matters
* Enjoy a competitive salary package, BUPA medical care and stock options
Closing date: 09 September 2019
At our cleint, they are an equal opportunity employer who genuinely values diversity in their team as they build a product for all of society to enjoy