£17000/annum plus Non-Sales Incentive
Temporary | Full Time
The Government Business Unit provides a range of IT solutions and managed services to local and central government bodies and healthcare trusts. Centerprise holds significant presence on Public Sector Frameworks and a dedicated team of external Account Managers and Business Development Executives developing new business.
The successful placement student will work directly to Director, Government in a newly formed Business Unit with responsibility to prosecute the Education, Central Government, Local and Devolved Government, and the Welsh Region as a focused sales team.
Key to the success of this Business Unit is the Business Administration hub, responsible for the generation of Business intelligence, Business Analytics and Framework Information Management functions for each of the business areas. The candidate will be required to become competent in the use of the reporting tools used within this part of the business (for example SharePoint 2016, QlikView, and HubSpot) in order to provide consistent and timely reporting to Director, Government.
The successful placement student will also be trained in the sales support function, gaining insight into the elements of the sales cycle and learning about the procurement process. If the placement student is able to show competency in what they have learnt to date, they will enable the opportunity to directly support an external account manager. This will expose the student to sales meetings with clients, learning the fundamentals of how to sell, as well as liaising with customers and suppliers, gaining insight into the tender process (business dependent) and potential marketing activity with client driven events.
At the end of this placement the candidate shall be able to:
* Provide contextual Profit and Loss performance data and decision briefs.
* Be proficient in the development of stock holding decision briefs.
* Be able to analyse sales pipeline data and backorder in order to forecast performance.
* Show an understanding of the sales cycle and procurement process
* Potentially step up to support an external account manager and gain direct experience of the sales function
The student will also attend monthly Undergraduate meetings, co-ordinated by the Undergraduate Liaison, which will range from general catch ups, knowledge sharing, planning charity and social events and attending specialist sessions with the Business Directors on a range of topics.
Ad hoc tasking such as market analysis, investment case development, and project based work may be added at the discretion of Director, Government cognisant of business need and candidate ability.
As with all personnel within the business, the individual will also be required to show:
* A commitment to comply with the Company’s Information Security Policy
* A commitment to promptly report any security weaknesses or incidents
* A commitment to adopt and maintain a Health and Safety culture within the Group
* Possess excellent written communication skills.
* Confident and professional when communicating verbally or in person.
* Possess the ability to prioritise workload.
* Familiar with Microsoft packages i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
* Genuine interest in the IT Industry.
* Previous experience in a customer focused environment.
* Be able to demonstrate experience in an office environment