£17000/annum plus Non-Sales Incentive
Temporary | Full Time
The Defence & Security Team hold a prestigious framework agreement with Crown Commercial Services (CCS) enabling us to service the requirements of the Ministry of Defence where customers are worldwide requiring a multitude of solutions.
The successful placement student will work alongside our internal and external based sales team in addition to our ecommerce and project coordination resources in driving Information Assurance (IA) and mobility solutions. The Team have a wealth of knowledge in this sector having supplied the military over the last 25 years providing the candidate exposure to leading technologies and innovations being deployed in both the training and operational environments.
Working as part of the team, the candidate will have exposure to and benefit from the following:
* Supporting current and potential clients across our technology products and services portfolio. Achieved by working in collaboration with our strategic partners including Tier 1 manufacturers and suppliers to support our sales activities.
* Providing assistance to internal and external stakeholders across a multitude of opportunities and projects.
* Developing communication skills whilst liaising between suppliers, clients and other departments.
* Assisting the team in managing the “sales order process” from quote generation, gaining pricing from suppliers; customer acceptance and guidance with procurement; sales order preparation and subsequent management of supply chain including stock control.
An opportunity to work within a busy sales and sales support environment, providing in-depth experience into the sales cycle including supplier engagement, quotations to sales, stock management and delivery through to after sales support.
The student will also attend monthly Undergraduate meetings, co-ordinated by the Undergraduate Liaison, which will range from general catch ups, knowledge sharing, planning charity and social events and attending specialist sessions with the Business Directors on a range of topics.
The placement student will also demonstrate:
* A commitment to comply with the Company’s Information Security Policy
* A commitment to promptly report any security weaknesses or incidents
* A commitment to adopt and maintain a Health and Safety culture within the Group
* Possess excellent written communication skills
* Confident and professional when communicating verbally or in person
* Possess the ability to prioritise workload
* Familiar with Microsoft packages i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
* Genuine interest in the IT Industry
* Be able to demonstrate experience in an office environment
* Science & Technology based degree