£17000/annum plus Non-Sales Incentive
Temporary | Full Time
Centerprise has built a strong presence within Distribution, laying foundations in multiple locations throughout the UK. Our product portfolio is vast and nurtured by our dedicated Product Managers who specialise in the brands they champion. Together with the strong relationships that have been built with manufacturers, Centerprise ensures customers will receive complete specialist support.
The successful candidate will become a key player in the sales team, working closely with the Rugged Business Manager. They will be there to support him and the sales team on a daily basis with quotations, customer enquiries and reporting. The role will involve speaking to existing customers, suppliers, new leads and also potentially representing the company at external shows and appointments. The candidate will also be requested to keep all our customer records updated, this will require contacting our customers via email and via the phone.
The candidate will have exposure to and benefit from the following:
* Working in a successful and established sales team with a wealth of experience
* Supporting current and potential clients across our technology products and services portfolio achieved by working in collaboration with our strategic partners including Tier 1 manufacturers and suppliers to support and create sales opportunities
* Developing communication skills whilst liaising between suppliers, clients and other departments
* Understanding and supporting the sales cycle; quote generation, obtaining pricing from suppliers, customer acceptance and guidance with procurement, sales order preparation and subsequent management of supply chain including stock control
There may also be the opportunity to work with the Marketing team on an ad hoc basis, as a representative of the Distribution team, to learn about and support campaign creation and help organise the teams’ yearly customer event – Rugged World.
The student will also attend monthly Undergraduate meetings, co-ordinated by the Undergraduate Liaison, which will range from general catch ups, knowledge sharing, planning charity and social events and attending specialist sessions with the Business Directors on a range of topics.
As with all personnel within the business, the individual will also be required to show:
* A commitment to comply with the Company’s Information Security Policy
* A commitment to promptly report any security weaknesses or incidents
* A commitment to adopt and maintain a Health and Safety culture within the Group
* Possess excellent written communication skills
* Confident and professional when communicating verbally or in person
* Possess the ability to prioritise workload
* Familiar with Microsoft packages i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
* Genuine interest in the IT Industry
* Be able to demonstrate experience in an office environment, preferably within customer service or sales