Eastbourne, East Sussex
Permanent | Full Time
WEB DEVELOPER – DIGITAL AGENCY – J1847ME
Eastbourne – Circa £35k
If you think Wordpress sucks, you’re off on the right foot…
This “agile” digital agency designs and builds exceptional websites, apps, e-commerce and job management systems for larger SME’s across the UK. The company has grown substantially by referral and recommendation to the point they need 2 more developers with a back-end bias.
We will be pleased to provide our clients company name to qualified candidates at the end of the first screening telephone interview.
This busy Eastbourne agency is looking for 2 back-end web developers. This role is not just about knocking out websites. You’ll be working on large, custom-built software projects for high-growth businesses – it could be a stock control system, tablet or mobile app, web page layout, eCommerce store, building a report, analysing user behaviour etc….
You probably won’t be a guru in everything. It’s better that you’re exceptional in a few and willing to learn, rather than be average at everything. They’ll train you.
* PHP (modern, the right way)
* Grunt, Composer
* Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration
Strategic and Communication Skills:
* Write clearly and concisely
* Understand continuous improvement principles
* Familiar with digital marketing, especially data analysis and conversion rate optimisation
* Ideally, at least 2 years in an agency or in-house team
* Experience in an Agile environment – although that’s not essential
LOCATION & HOURS
Our client’s modern offices are in the Eastbourne area with easy access and parking.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Base salary is not cast in stone and depends on skills and experience, but for mid-level experience circa £35k. Graduates and advanced (technically outstanding candidates with lots of Project Management and client-facing experience) would be considered and the salary adjusted accordingly.
* Participating in Burger Day, Cake Week, that sort of thing and other company social events
* No Cramming, all-nighters or other agency bullshit
* Flexible working hours
* Easy parking and near the rail station
Two client interviews will be held after a screening call and interview with Martin Ellis of the RSE Group.
The RSE Group
Mob: (phone number removed)
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request