£25000 - £31000/annum Excellent training and Benefits
Soho, Greater London
Permanent | Full Time
WiFi Support Engineer
Looking for an experienced WiFI Support Engineer with CWT (Certified Wireless Technician) and / or followed by CWNA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator) with at least 1 years’ experience. This is a key position within our wireless network engineering department.
CWT training can be provided as well as JNCIA and the exams.
You will be responsible for supporting customers remotely and in-person which requires exceptional communication skills. On a day to day basis, you will be focused on supporting wireless network solutions for our customers.
* Provide technical support for our customers, follow robust troubleshooting methods to diagnose and resolve incidents to their conclusion, escalating to senior engineering or the vendor where required.
* Take the technical lead on any Second Line Wireless infrastructure-related issues for support tickets.
* Own, manage and be accountable for 2nd Line Wi-Fi Support tickets and their resolution within agreed SLA timings.
* Implement configuration changes on behalf of customers, following the relevant change management process.
* Provide on-site support and assistance in the event that remote troubleshooting fails to diagnose and resolve the problem. This may involve carrying out RF surveys, reconfiguring access points and/or liaising with the network support team to reconfigure the wired backbone network.
* Demonstrable customer service skills and experience in communicating with customers.
* Solution focused and flexible approach to problem-solving.
* Ability to work as part of a team and to use their own initiative.
* Able to prioritise workload and manage regular interruptions to remain productive.
* Must have a minimum of 1 year’s experience of working on a helpdesk, managing own tickets and workloads within the parameters of resolution SLAs.
* You will have experience of supporting wireless network solutions across the entire project life cycle.
* Experience deploying and troubleshooting enterprise grade wireless solutions (Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Ruckus, Aerohive, Mist).
* Experience using HiveManager, HiveManager NG and other Aerohive products preferable, other vendors also valuable e.g. Ruckus Virtual SmartZone.
* Applying knowledge and skills through handling problems beyond own area of expertise.
* Experience and knowledge of wireless solutions covering Autonomous AP’s, Cloud-based wireless networking platforms, RF-survey tools and software (Ekahau) and authentication platforms (RADIUS servers).
* Excellent customer facing experience.
* Ability to summarize, explain and update troubleshooting cases in language which is understandable to non-technical people.
These qualifications are not essential however the successful candidate will have a sufficient level of knowledge to be able to target achieving one of these qualifications within 12 months of starting in this role:
* CWT (Certified Wireless Technician) and / or followed by CWNA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator) with at least 1 years’ experience.
* ACWA (Aerohive Certified Wireless Administrator) level with at least 1 years’ experience.
* You must be extremely well organised with good communication skills and excellent spoken and written English.
* Able to demonstrate previous experience within a similar position with proven ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast pace environment.
* Possess excellent time and self-management skills.
* Able to work calmly under pressure.
* Annual leave starts at 23 days per annum and increases with service
* Colleagues can also buy and sell leave
* Cycle to work scheme
* Immediate enrolment with Perkbox