My client is a world leader in the IT Industry and have an amazing "people first" ethos which runs through the dealing with their customers ans suppliers as well as their staff.
They are actively seeking a new PR Executive to join their EMEA Marketing team tp focus on gaming and IT products. You will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, execution and results of all PR activities for a number of nominated countries within the EMEA region and will provide input and support to the PR manager and agency contacts to ensure the Public Relations function is efficient and highly effective.
Responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day management and primary contact for a number of agencies in nominated countries. Be responsible for developing coverage (both in terms of quality and quantity) ensuring their products are properly represented in all relevant media. Coordinating official responses and statements where necessary.
- Be responsible for the preparation, coordination and use of spokespeople in your regions. To include management of official statements, articles, comments and interviews.
- Work closely with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including EMEA R&D, PMM, BM, Planning and Support teams as well as EMEA PR team colleagues to ensure your agency needs are effectively supported.
- Work closely with your agency network to resolve issues related to product reviews including any crisis management if needed.
- Coordinate monthly catch up calls with your agencies to understand their productivity and effectiveness. Ensure reporting templates are completed, and awards, notable achievements and key coverage are logged and repurposed.
- Foster direct relationships with key reviewers, journalists, media contacts and tier 2 influencers in EMEA and record their details and activities in the contact database.
- Work closely with the PR Manager EMEA and your PR agencies to arrange relevant and effective press events and any additional press / media activities as agreed. Managing the effective spend of any budget granted for such activities.
Work with other members of the EMEA PR team to:
- produce engaging and relevant content for the EMEA press, our website, on-line Media centre and the PR Intranet on a regular basis.
- communicate great reviews, coverage or awards to relevant internal & external stakeholders.
Experience and qulaities required:
2-3 years proven PR (or journalistic) experience gained either in an agency or in-house with experience of traditional and/or digital campaigns (offline and online).
Must be organised with excellent time management, interpersonal, and communication skills. Candidate must be a team-worker, enthusiastic, pro-active, flexible, confident and hard working.
An attention to detail with excellent spoken and written English is essential.
Willingness to travel both within EMEA and globally if needed.
High degree of competence using standard PC productivity applications.
Excellent writing and organisation skills
- meet deadlines, use independent judgment and be flexible at all times.
- stay calm in high-pressure situations.
- co-operate with others in a team environment.
- focus on multiple tasks.
- manage a budget and provide basic analysis.