Exclusive Networks is a value-add distributor specialised in the marketing of new security, storage and networking technologies for corporate users.
We act as the local representative for our vendors. We have established and continue to develop our network of resellers and provide promotional, training and technical support for the solutions we market.
The 24x7 Support engineers are the first contact our customers have when requiring technical support. The Support team will manage customer service and expectations, while delivering technical support for our portfolio of Network Security products.
The Technical Academy
The Exclusive Networks Technical Academy has been designed to give our technical engineers a structured learning experience and exposure to our clients' technical problems, when they have the required levels of technical experience and certifications. Our experience shows us that this structured learning program will give our engineers the background and experience to move through the technical ranks.
During our two year program, the engineers will become equipped for the challenges in the senior Technical Support roles and management, as well as being ready for our Pre-Sales, Professional Services and Training.
Accountabilities and activities
- Respond to telephone or email problems logged by our customers.
- Work technical problems/cases related to certified security products to resolution or escalate to 2nd line engineers as appropriate.
- Create customer technical environments in our lab and recreate problems where appropriate.
- Input and manage support work in our case system, clearly and concisely.
- Managing the hardware replacement process to strict deadlines.
- Work shift pattern to ensure 24x7 support cover, however majority of shifts are office hours (Mon-Fri 9:00 to 17:30).
Experience and education
The ideal candidate will have as many of the following as possible:
- Previous technical support experience (1 year+).
- Networking related certification (CCNA, CompTIA N+, etc.).
- Networking related degree.
- Any work experience demonstrating customer service (1 year+).
- Great communication skills and ability to articulate well with customers.
- Ability to manage own time and workload.
- Working both as part of a dynamic team, and independently.
- Resilient to the stress of a busy and challenging work environment.
- Interest in continuous learning in technical support and products is essential.
- Become certified and maintain certification on our security products (primarily firewalls and wireless technology) through our in-house training courses and self-learning. Development includes enrolment into the Exclusive Networks Academy which outlines training and progression paths
The role is based in Alton, Hampshire. Candidates are required to have their own transport if commuting, or live locally to meet shift working requirements.
24x7 Support Engineers will receive technical product training and are encouraged to work independently but they need to ensure that they meet deadlines / SLAs for our customers. They will need to appropriately identify when cases need to be escalated to the 2nd line team or to the 24x7 Team Leader or Technical Support Manager, for example when help is required to meet SLAs or to resolve more complex cases.
- Company bonus scheme
- Up to 5% matched pension
- Annual Kick Off broad
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Regular social events
- 24 days holiday
- A day off for your birthday