Exclusive Networks is a value-add distributor specialised in the marketing of new security, storage and networking technologies for corporate users.
We act as the local representative for our vendors. We have established and continue to develop our network of resellers and provide promotional, training and technical support for the solutions we market.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be our clients' first interface with Exclusive Networks. Working on a 24x7 shift pattern, you will provide 1st line technical support to our clients for their network security products purchased within our portfolio.
The Technical Academy
The Exclusive Networks Technical Academy has been designed to give our technical engineers a structured learning experience and exposure to our clients' technical problems, when they have the required levels of technical experience and certifications. Our experience shows us that this structured learning program will give our engineers the background and experience to move through the technical ranks.
During our two year program, the engineers will become equipped for the challenges in the senior Technical Support roles and management, as well as being ready for our Pre-Sales, Professional Services and Training.
Accountabilities and activities
- Respond to telephone or email problems logged by our clients
- Work technical problems/cases related to certified security products to resolution or escalate to 2nd line engineers as appropriate
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure clients receive the best customer service and resolution to their technical problems/cases
- Create client technical environments in our lab and re-create problems where appropriate
- Input and manage documentation in our CRM (customer relationship management) system in a clear and concise way
- Managing RMA (return merchandise authorisation) replacements to achieve SLAs (service level agreements)
- Degree educated, or similar, in a computing-related university course or some employment in a technical support role
- CCNA certification is desirable
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate well with customers
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good team working is essential
- Ability to balance a busy workload in a lively environment
- Interest in continuous learning in technical support and products is essential
- Company bonus scheme
- Up to 5% matched pension
- Annual Kick-Off abroad
- Cycle2Work scheme
- 24 days holiday and a day off for your birthday